Tuesday 10 March 2015

To Goldshire... And Beyond!

The courier arrived in the afternoon, a few hours after we'd finished dragging all the orc bodies into a big pile away from town. The bonfire of their corpses was still burning when he arrived, but at least I'd had a chance to clean off all the gore and smoke from the raid.

He was driving one of those gnomish choppers, with the thing on the side for a passenger, but he had this huge crate in it instead. He helped me unload and open it as he introduced himself.

The first thing on top was this little box with big red letters on it that said FRAGILE. It had this weird little thing inside with buttons and lenses all over it. Frank - he's the courier - explained that the gnomes called it a "S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera", and that it was for making pictures without having to draw or paint them. He showed me how to work it, and I gave it a try.


The next thing in the crate was a sword. It looked pretty normal, until I picked it up.

Oh, My, GOD.
Flaming Sword!

And of course, under that was the suit of armor.


Um. Yeah. It's great armor, but... ugly.

I hear that there are these guys in Stormwind that can change how armor looks. I'll have to look them up when I get a chance.

Once I had all that out, I noticed that there was a key stuck to the inside of the crate with a ball of wax. When Frank saw me pull it loose, he explained that it was the key for the chopper he was driving! He's been hired to drive me around and teach me how to use it, and once he's confident in my ability to handle it, I get to keep it!



As I was heading home to say goodbye and gather up the last of my supplies, Marshal McBride flagged me down. Apparently, he was so impressed with how I handled myself that he was deputizing me into the Stormwind Marshals! I'm supposed to report to Marshal Dughan in Goldshire for my next duties. When we arrived though, the Marshal informed me that all was quiet for now, but the Darkmoon Faire is in town, so he told me I should go check it out, and then enjoy a free stay in the local inn afterwards. I guess being a deputy has some perks.



No comments:

Post a Comment